Chesapeake Multihull Association is fortunate to have Gary Jobson - a top-tier personality in the world of sailing - make a presentation on March 30. He has a talent for telling a story and he comes with terrific audio-visual support courtesy of NBC and ESPN. The presentation will include:
· 34th America's Cup (about half of the program)
This proved to be one of the most exciting comebacks in all of sports. Commentating for NBC, Gary Jobson, was on the water every day for the Louis Vuitton Challenger Trials and the America’s Cup broadcasting live. Gary will present an exclusive inside look of this amazing story.
· Setting Speed Sailing Records
· Sailing Classic Yachts
· Unfurling the World: The Voyages of Irving and Electa Johnson
· Racing Highlights that includes: Vendee Globe, Volvo Ocean Race, Kite Boarding, Crash and burn (always fun)
· Gary's favorite stories laced throughout the program
In addition Gary will present a preview of his new film, Unfurling the World, the Voyages of Irving and Exy Johnson 1933 -1958, also a feature on speed sailing: the quest to be the fastest sailboat on the water.
Location: Southern High School, 4400 Solomons Island Road, Harwood MD 20776
Time: 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Free to all, but donations to CBYRA are quite welcome