Classes and Camps
I understand that my participation in lessons and activities may involve certain risks or hazards. I understand that although Belle Haven Marina has taken precautions to provide appropriate equipment and qualified instructors for each lesson and activity, it is impossible for Belle Haven Marina to guarantee absolute safety. I understand that I share the responsibility for safety during lessons and activities and I assume that responsibility. I agree to comply with the instructions and directions of Belle Haven Marina staff during the course. I understand that I will be asked to physically participate in handling the boat during school activities. I certify that I am fully capable of participating in this activity. Therefore, I assume and accept full responsibility for myself, including all minor children in my care, custody, and control, for bodily injury, death or loss of personal property and expenses as a result of those inherent risks and dangers identified herein and those inherent risks and dangers not specifically identified, and as a result of my negligence in participating in this activity.
In consideration of the following representations, covenants and agreements, Belle Haven Marina Inc., Owner, hereby rents to the Renter the boat described above:
1. Navigational Limitations: The Renter agrees to restrict the operation of the boat to the following described area: The waters between the Woodrow Wilson Bridge and Fort Washington, Maryland.
2. Renter declares that he/she is experienced and qualified to handle the boat rented herein.
3. The Renter covenants and agrees that the boat will be operated in a safe and careful manner and with due diligence and shall be returned with equipment and boat in same condition as when taken, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
4. During the term of this agreement the Renter shall be in full control of the boat and it is expressly understood that the Renter is not the agent, servant or employee of the Owner, in any way whatsoever, and that the Owner is not responsible for injuries sustained by Renter, his guests and employees.
5. The boat shall be used exclusively as a pleasure vessel for the safe and proper use of the Renter, his family, guests and employees during the term of this agreement and shall not be used to transport merchandise, nor passengers for hire or for pay.
6. Owner herein assumes no responsibility for weather conditions which may arise or occur during the term of this agreement, and all rates and agreements will continue in full force and effect until the return of the boat to Owner.
7. The Renter further agrees:
a) To notify the Owner immediately of any accident involving the boat.
b) To reimburse the Owner for the cost of all damages to the boat and equipment resulting from accident, collision, theft or loss.
c) To release the owner and/or boat from any claim for loss and/or injury of any nature whatsoever
d) To indemnify and save the Owner and/or boat harmless from any claim for liability for loss and/or injury to any other boat, property or persons, including all occupants of the boat hereby rented, by reason of accident involving the said boat during this rental or as a result of the operation of the boat in violation of any law or ordinance.
8. This contract constitutes the entire agreement by and between the parties hereto and no oral or implied agreement or understanding shall cancel or vary the terms of this contract unless reduced to writing and signed by the parties hereto.
9. Both parties acknowledge that they have read the foregoing provisions all of which they are in complete understanding and agreement.
10. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on all vessels.
11. Boat shall be returned by time agreed or an hourly charge of $75.00 for each additional hour or fraction thereof will be due.
Please note: Submitting this form does NOT guarantee a reservation; please call 703-768-0018 to make a reservation.